TCR Series Article: O’Gorman and Blackstock encore at Sebring
Tom O’Gorman and Shelby Blackstock claimed a second consecutive victory in the TCR class of the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge. After having won the season’s opening event at Daytona, the LA Honda World Racing duo was victorious again at Sebring, completing 49 laps of the Florida circuit at the wheel of their Honda Civic Type R during the two-hour race.
O’Gorman-Blackstock beat by 7 seconds the JDC-Miller Motorsports Audi RS 3 LMS driven by last year’s champion Britt Casey jr. – who had set pole position – and Mikey Taylor; the podium was completed by the HART Honda Civic of Ryan Eversley and Chad Gilsinger. Mason Filippi and Harry Gottsacker were classified fourth in the best of the Bryan Herta Autosport Hyundai Veloster N cars.
The race began with an incident that involved the Civic of Mike La Marra (runner up at Daytona) and the Alfa Romeo Giulietta of Roy Block; La Marra spun after a contact with another car and was collected by Block. Both cars retired with a broken rear suspension.
Eventually only the top six cars finished on the same lap as the winners.
The third round of the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge will take place at Mid Ohio on May 4.
1. LA Honda World Racing, Honda Civic Type R (O’ Gorman / Blackstock), 49 laps
2. JDC-Miller Motorsports, Audi RS 3 LMS (Taylor / Casey), 7.223
3. HART, Honda Civic Type R (Eversley / Gilsinger), 19.787
4. Bryan Herta Autosport, Hyundai Veloster N (Filippi / Gottsacker), 31.544
5. LA Honda World Racing, Honda Civic Type R (Mullan / Faulkner), 32.311
6. Bryan Herta Autosport, Hyundai Veloster N (Lewis / Wilkins), 52.601
1. O’Gorman-Blackstock 70 pts; 2. Filippi-Gottsacker 54; 3. Lamb-Henderson 51